mapping haight ashbury assignment for digital media production
1. over the course of spring semester, you have learned how to share photos via flickr, how to share ideas via blogs, and how share your work via google maps. now is the time to work and create collaboratively.
2. last tuesday, we formed into groups of three. last thursday, we took a field trip to haight ashbury.
3. working in groups, annotate a single google map of haight ashbury. the map should reflect your individual efforts, your group's efforts, and, most importantly, the class-as-a-whole's efforts.
4. the map should incorporate the design and story-telling strategies we have discussed throughout the semester. how you all make this happen is up to all of you.
5. although the map will reflect the work and perspectives of all of you, it should have a single or unitary design. again, how you all make this happen is up to all of you.
6. one of the key points of this assignment is to learn how to work together creatively, effectively, and collaboratively. another key point of this assignment is to collectively create something inspiring with very little input and guidance from me. good luck.
7. once the map is finished, share your work with a thick tweet that includes a link to the map.
8. be prepared to demo your collective work in class on tuesday. (our lunch field trip, originally scheduled for tuesday, will be rescheduled.)
hint: the more you work together, the better your work will be. trust me.
rule: if you have not contributed to the map, do not come to class on tuesday.
update! here's what my students created:
View Documenting Haight Street in a larger map