google maps assignment for digital media production
1. create a google maps account.
2. learn how to use google maps.
3. create a google map of the bay area / sf / usf.
4. add pins that link to your already existing flickr sets and blog posts. for example, all of you attended last week's human rights film festival in presentation theater and blogged about it. so, place a pin on USF's presentation theater and link it to your blog post or flickr set. do that with at least two or three of your flickr sets and blog posts. consider designing the pins to include images, brief intros or summaries, hyperlinks, and anything else necessary to encourage your visitors to click-through.
5. also add at least one pin that links to one of your classmate's flickr set or blog post.
6. once finished, learn how to embed google maps into blog posts. then make it happen - write a brief or very brief blog post that includes your embedded google map.
7. sometime before class on thursday, share your work with a thick tweet.
hints: begin this project early. if you have questions, tweet them. if that doesn't produce solutions, visit my office hours.
rule: if you have no work to demo, do not come to class.