flickr assignment for digital media production
1. leave campus.
2. find and photograph an interesting part of the city. take smart photos. take a lot of photos so you have a large and diverse set from which to select your favorites.
3. sign-up for a free flickr account, create a profile, and make all DMP members your contacts.
4. create a flickr set of 5-10 photos to tell a story about the city. title and write a description for your flickr set.
5. tag your photos. if you do not know what tagging your photographs means, find out using twitter or google. use as many tags as you think necessary and use at least 3 for each photo. select smart and creative tags. tag strategically.
6. in this flickr set, there must be no mentions or references to yourself. do not use words like "i," "me," and "my." discuss the photographs, not yourself.
7. once finished, post a thick tweet that includes a link to your flickr set.
8. i will demo your work on thursday.
hints: find a part of the city that speaks to you. take more photographs than you use. follow directions.
rule: if you have no work to demo, do not come to class.