The Urban Ag minor at USF is currently seeking 3 undergraduate research assistants for summer positions in the USF garden. The RAships run from May 21, 2012 - August 8, 2012. RAs work approximately 10 hours a week.
RA duties include:
1. Plan and plant summer garden beds;
2. Maintain garden - weeding, watering, oversee irrigation, manage compost;
3. Plan, manage, and implement weekly community work days - publicize work days, organize group tasks, and hold open garden hours;
4. Work with Upward Bound students teaching garden skills;
5. Harvest and deliver fresh produce to Booker T. Washington Community Service Center's food pantry;
6. Maintain @USFGarden's multiple social media platforms;
7. Start starts for fall classes; and
8. Keep the garden kitchen clean.
Interested USF students must email David Silver no later than Monday, May 7 (but if you can send it in earlier, do!). In your email, please describe your qualifications, state your availability for summer, and tell us why you want the job. We - David, Melinda Stone, Justin Valone, and Seth Wachtel - will notify all applicants by Friday, May 11. Good luck!