1. sometime between thursday, october 27 and monday, october 31, stop using all modern media. you can read books and magazines and papers, but stop using media that is electronic or digital. no iphones, no facebook, no text. no computers, TVs, or radios. mark the time your media fast begins.
2. continue your fast for as long as possible - the longer, the better.
3. when your absence from media becomes dangerous, impossible, or unbearable, return to them. note which device you broke your fast with and record the time.
4. calculate how long your media fast lasted.
5. take some time -- a few hours, a day -- to reflect upon what happened.
6. in no more than one page, share your findings. make sure your name is on the page and bring it to class on tuesday, november 1.
tip: think about the timing of your media fast and strategize accordingly.