The Urban Ag minor at USF is looking to hire three undergraduate research assistants to manage the USF Community Garden this summer. The RAships run from May 23, 2016 - August 17, 2016.
RA duties include:
1. Plan and plant summer garden beds;
2. Maintain garden - weeding, watering, oversee irrigation, manage compost;
3. Plan, manage, and implement weekly community work days - publicize work days, organize group tasks, and hold open garden hours;
4. Work on monthly community dinners at St. Cyprian's;
5. Work with and teach garden skills to Upward Bound students;
6. Harvest and deliver weekly fresh produce to USF’s cafeteria/Bon Appetit;
7. Work with and on San Francisco’s New Liberation Garden (on Divisidero and Eddy);
8. Maintain @USFGarden's multiple social media platforms;
9. Start starts for fall classes; and
10. Keep the garden kitchen clean.
Ideal candidates have experience in the USF Garden (either through classes and/or workdays), work well in collaborative situations, are self-directed, and enjoy working with the public. Each summer research assistant will work a total of 100 hours over the summer and be paid around $10.50/hour. RAs will report to Novella Carpenter.
Interested USF students must email David Silver (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, April 15 by 5 pm. Graduating seniors can apply. In your email, please describe your qualifications, state your availability for summer, and tell us why you want the job. The Summer RA committee (consisting of professors Novella Carpenter, David Silver, and Melinda Stone) will notify all candidates by April 22. Good luck!