Research assistants must be able to work at least 10 hours a week and be prepared to undertake a variety of jobs in the garden. RA duties include:
1. Serve as teaching assistant for Urban Ag summer course (taught by Justin Valone);
2. Plan and plant summer garden beds;
3. Maintain garden - weeding, watering, oversee irrigation, manage compost;
4. Work with Upward Bound students (1-2 hours/week for 5 weeks) teaching garden skills;
5. Harvest and deliver garden goodies to Booker T. Washington Community Service Center's food pantry every Thursday;
6. Plan, manage, and implement weekly community work days - publicize work days, organize group tasks, and hold open garden hours; and
7. Plan and prep autumn garden beds for fall classes.
Interested USF students must email a letter of interest to David Silver with a CC to Melinda Stone and Justin Valone no later than Tuesday, April 26. In your letter, please describe your qualifications, state your availability for summer, and tell us why you want the job and why you are the best person for the position. Decisions will be made by end of April.
(photos taken by USF garden project student lily rothrock)